Stibbs Hill, St George, Bristol
Land Promotions Limited
CSJ Planning Consultants has secured planning permission for 13 new residential dwellings (2 and 3 bed) at a site in St George, Bristol, known as Stibbs Hill. The application was submitted on behalf of Land Promotions Limited, a new development company based in Weston-super-Mare.
The site formerly contained a residential dwelling which fell into disrepair and eventually was demolished under the Environmental Protection Act, although privately owned the site became overgrown scrub land and has been subject to a number of nuisances including fly tipping and anti-social behaviour, and was allocated as open space in the Local Plan.
The acquisition of the site by Land Promotions Limited has provided the opportunity for a mixed use scheme, following an Ecological Survey of the site which delivered a concept plan to provide 13 new houses in the southern part of the site, with a proposed new nature reserve on the northern upper slopes of the site which would link into the wildlife corridors in the wider east Bristol area.
Andrew Beard, Director of CSJ Planning Consultants, stated "This is the sort of scheme that will have to come forward in the future to meet the Regional Spatial Strategy targets for new housing growth. This scheme balances the important factors of providing new affordable family homes, whilst respecting the needs within urban areas for green spaces and nature conservation."
It is anticipated that construction will commence early in 2010.
Bristol City Council
- Penpole Inn Public House
- Land at Cloakham Lawns, Axminster
- 9 Pipe Lane and 42 Trenchard Street
- Paintworks Phase III
- Creech St Michael, Taunton
- Roegate House
- Stibbs Hill, St George
- High Street, Portishead
- Kingswood Trading Estate
- Siston Common
- The Jacobs Building
- Purimachos, Waterloo Street, Old Market
- Linden Heights
- Firearms Training Facility, Black Rock Quarry
- New Gospel Hall, Almonsbury
- Queens Road Building - Bristol University
- Lyddington Road, Southmead
- Military Firing Range, Rudloe
- Waterloo Road, Penylan
- The Grange, Lime Grove Avenue
- University of Bristol Masterplan
- St Anne's Convent
- Southmead Hospital PFI
- Residential Care Homes
- PFI Secondary Schools Project
- Departments of Biological Sciences and Mathematics
- Falkland Islands Defence Establishment Plan
- Redhouse Very Sheltered Housing Scheme
- Firearms training facility black rock quarry
- Urban Regeneration
- Conservation & Listed Buildings