Penpole Inn Public House, Bristol
Land Promotions Ltd
CSJ Planning Consultants has recently secured full planning permission on behalf of Land Promotions Limited for the demolition of the vacant Penpole Inn Public House on Kings Weston Lane, Bristol and erection of nine 3-bed houses.
The site is located within a residential urban area and the public house had a history of attracting anti-social behaviour. Given this and the benefits that redevelopment of the site can provide both visually and in terms of the provision of much needed housing, the principle of residential development was accepted by Bristol City Council.
The proposal has a good relationship with a listed farmhouse on the opposite side of Barrowmead Drive and will be of a typical residential scale and the massing and design of the dwellings take their cue from the 3-storey listed farmhouse using a simple pallet of local materials.
Due to the presence of dense tree planting to the northern site boundary, during the course of the application the building was surveyed for bats at the request of Bristol City Council. The surveys confirmed that there were no bats roosting in the building.
Construction is planned to commence before the end of this year.
Bristol City Council
- Penpole Inn Public House
- Land at Cloakham Lawns, Axminster
- 9 Pipe Lane and 42 Trenchard Street
- Paintworks Phase III
- Creech St Michael, Taunton
- Roegate House
- Stibbs Hill, St George
- High Street, Portishead
- Kingswood Trading Estate
- Siston Common
- The Jacobs Building
- Purimachos, Waterloo Street, Old Market
- Linden Heights
- Firearms Training Facility, Black Rock Quarry
- New Gospel Hall, Almonsbury
- Queens Road Building - Bristol University
- Lyddington Road, Southmead
- Military Firing Range, Rudloe
- Waterloo Road, Penylan
- The Grange, Lime Grove Avenue
- University of Bristol Masterplan
- St Anne's Convent
- Southmead Hospital PFI
- Residential Care Homes
- PFI Secondary Schools Project
- Departments of Biological Sciences and Mathematics
- Falkland Islands Defence Establishment Plan
- Redhouse Very Sheltered Housing Scheme
- Firearms training facility black rock quarry
- Urban Regeneration
- Conservation & Listed Buildings