9 Pipe Lane and 42 Trenchard Street, Bristol, Pipe Lane
Pipe Lane Student Property LLP
Julie Laming and John Cocking have secured planning permission for the development of eight, new build cluster units of student residential accommodation on a site in the centre of Bristol that has lain derelict since the late 1930s.
The approved scheme lies in a Conservation Area, opposite Bristol’s flagship extension to the Colston Hall. It was designed to respond to a set of difficult site constraints including a curved site plan, significant level changes and an eclectic historic and modern street scene.
The approved scheme provides eight, four and five bed cluster units, with on site cycle parking, an internal communal area and a refuse and recycling store and was secured as a C4 use.
The application was successfully negotiated within the eight week determination period and permission was secured without the need for additional Section 106 requirements. The application was supported by a Statement of Need for student accommodation in Bristol and a Management Statement confirming how the accommodation would be managed.
Although the site benefited from two recent residential permissions as a result of the economic downturn these schemes were no longer viable. As Bristol has a high demand for quality student accommodation this scheme was situated in an ideal location, close to the heart of the University of Bristol and transport links to the University of the West of England.
Bristol City Council
- Penpole Inn Public House
- Land at Cloakham Lawns, Axminster
- 9 Pipe Lane and 42 Trenchard Street
- Paintworks Phase III
- Creech St Michael, Taunton
- Roegate House
- Stibbs Hill, St George
- High Street, Portishead
- Kingswood Trading Estate
- Siston Common
- The Jacobs Building
- Purimachos, Waterloo Street, Old Market
- Linden Heights
- Firearms Training Facility, Black Rock Quarry
- New Gospel Hall, Almonsbury
- Queens Road Building - Bristol University
- Lyddington Road, Southmead
- Military Firing Range, Rudloe
- Waterloo Road, Penylan
- The Grange, Lime Grove Avenue
- University of Bristol Masterplan
- St Anne's Convent
- Southmead Hospital PFI
- Residential Care Homes
- PFI Secondary Schools Project
- Departments of Biological Sciences and Mathematics
- Falkland Islands Defence Establishment Plan
- Redhouse Very Sheltered Housing Scheme
- Firearms training facility black rock quarry
- Urban Regeneration
- Conservation & Listed Buildings