Ground Floor Retail and Travelodge, 101 Victoria St, Redcliffe, Bristol
Electricity Supply Nominees Ltd
Fullplanning permission was granted by Bristol City Council by delegated authority on17th August 2009 for a 155 bedroom hotel for Travelodge, withflexible use units on the ground floor.
Theapplication site has been vacant for a number of decades and has extantplanning consent for a five-storey office building.
Therecently approved hotel scheme involves a six-storey building with a similarsiting, footprint, and scale to the extant office approval but with a robustdesign, more responsive to the character of the immediate locality.
Theapplication followed a consultation with key stakeholders, including theRedcliffe Futures Group, and members of the public. The scheme generated only two objections,both from the same occupant, out of a total of 187 notification letters sent bythe Council as part of the statutory consultation exercise.
CSJPlanning negotiated a five year planning consent; asignificantly reduced package of s106 planning obligations in comparison to theextant office approval; and a flexible consent that will enable the groundfloor unit to be divided into a maximum of three and for a variety of purposeswithin the A1/A2/A3/A4/B1/D1/D2 Use Classes.
Theextant scheme secured £280,000 towards the proposed King Street Bridge incomparison to £42,000 towards the bridge and £2,400 to fund a TRO associatedwith a new coach-drop off to serve the hotel on St Thomas Street.
Bristol City Council
- Penpole Inn Public House
- Land at Cloakham Lawns, Axminster
- 9 Pipe Lane and 42 Trenchard Street
- Paintworks Phase III
- Creech St Michael, Taunton
- Roegate House
- Stibbs Hill, St George
- High Street, Portishead
- Kingswood Trading Estate
- Siston Common
- The Jacobs Building
- Purimachos, Waterloo Street, Old Market
- Linden Heights
- Firearms Training Facility, Black Rock Quarry
- New Gospel Hall, Almonsbury
- Queens Road Building - Bristol University
- Lyddington Road, Southmead
- Military Firing Range, Rudloe
- Waterloo Road, Penylan
- The Grange, Lime Grove Avenue
- University of Bristol Masterplan
- St Anne's Convent
- Southmead Hospital PFI
- Residential Care Homes
- PFI Secondary Schools Project
- Departments of Biological Sciences and Mathematics
- Falkland Islands Defence Establishment Plan
- Redhouse Very Sheltered Housing Scheme
- Firearms training facility black rock quarry
- Urban Regeneration
- Conservation & Listed Buildings