New Gospel Hall at Almondsbury
An application for a 1000 seater gospel hall on the edge of the M4/M5 at Bristol to serve the Brethren within South Gloucestershire has received a resolution for approval from South Gloucestershire Council.
The site is within the Green Belt on the site of a former horticultural nursery and following committee consideration on 9th December 2010 and a committee site visit on 7th January 2011 committee accepted the very special circumstances case put forward for the development on 20th January 2011. Final suggested conditions were agreed at Committee on 17th February 2011.
The application is now being referred to the Secretary of State under s77 of the 1990 Act to determine whether the Council can issue the permission or the application be ‘called in’ and if so an inquiry will be held.
Andrew Beard (Director) “This application has been robustly supported by a very special circumstances case in relation to need; location of congregation; policy vacuum for places of worship; and the unavailability of any alternative sites. Also the scheme is a very high quality development appropriate for an edge of rural setting and will bring about an overall enhancement of the site in both visual and biodiversity terms.
If successful it will bring to a close an extensive 8 year search within South Gloucestershire for a main site for the Brethren and shows how well thought out and justified schemes can be delivered in complicated planning circumstances.”
Chris Rose (Associate Director) of CSJ Planning led the project on behalf of the Greenfield Gospel Hall Trust.
South Gloucestershire Council
- Penpole Inn Public House
- Land at Cloakham Lawns, Axminster
- 9 Pipe Lane and 42 Trenchard Street
- Paintworks Phase III
- Creech St Michael, Taunton
- Roegate House
- Stibbs Hill, St George
- High Street, Portishead
- Kingswood Trading Estate
- Siston Common
- The Jacobs Building
- Purimachos, Waterloo Street, Old Market
- Linden Heights
- Firearms Training Facility, Black Rock Quarry
- New Gospel Hall, Almonsbury
- Queens Road Building - Bristol University
- Lyddington Road, Southmead
- Military Firing Range, Rudloe
- Waterloo Road, Penylan
- The Grange, Lime Grove Avenue
- University of Bristol Masterplan
- St Anne's Convent
- Southmead Hospital PFI
- Residential Care Homes
- PFI Secondary Schools Project
- Departments of Biological Sciences and Mathematics
- Falkland Islands Defence Establishment Plan
- Redhouse Very Sheltered Housing Scheme
- Firearms training facility black rock quarry
- Urban Regeneration
- Conservation & Listed Buildings