Cabot House, Bristol
Westmark Developments Ltd
CSJ Planning has secured planning permission for a commercial development that has been named Britain's greenest building awarded by the Building Research Establishment (BRE) for its environmental credentials. The development scored 85.06 per cent under BREEAM 2006, the most widely used environmental assessment method for buildings around the world.
The 6,595 sqm (net area) office building to be occupied by the Environment Agency replaces Cabot House, the former home of Bristol City Council's planning department, which had been empty for well over 10 years.
The building has the latest green technologies to include rainwater collecting to cut water consumption, intelligent lighting systems to cut electricity use, and natural ventilation. It also includes a ground source heat pump to reduce heating and cooling costs and recycled materials.
The site is highly visible, located within very close proximity of the Grade II* Council House and Central Library and the Grade I listed Cathedral. As part of the overall design the two main entrances utilised contemporary stained glass installations by renowned artist Kate Maestri.
CSJ Planning continues to work alongside Westmark and Alec French Architects in the process of providing planning advice on the submission and discharging of conditions.
Bristol City Council
- Penpole Inn Public House
- Land at Cloakham Lawns, Axminster
- 9 Pipe Lane and 42 Trenchard Street
- Paintworks Phase III
- Creech St Michael, Taunton
- Roegate House
- Stibbs Hill, St George
- High Street, Portishead
- Kingswood Trading Estate
- Siston Common
- The Jacobs Building
- Purimachos, Waterloo Street, Old Market
- Linden Heights
- Firearms Training Facility, Black Rock Quarry
- New Gospel Hall, Almonsbury
- Queens Road Building - Bristol University
- Lyddington Road, Southmead
- Military Firing Range, Rudloe
- Waterloo Road, Penylan
- The Grange, Lime Grove Avenue
- University of Bristol Masterplan
- St Anne's Convent
- Southmead Hospital PFI
- Residential Care Homes
- PFI Secondary Schools Project
- Departments of Biological Sciences and Mathematics
- Falkland Islands Defence Establishment Plan
- Redhouse Very Sheltered Housing Scheme
- Firearms training facility black rock quarry
- Urban Regeneration
- Conservation & Listed Buildings