33 Wine Street, Bristol
Urbina Bristol Ltd Partnership
Planning permission has been approved for the demolition of the existing buildings and erection of a replacement building comprising retail (A1, A2, A3 and A4) and commercial office (B1a) floorspace, with associated car, motorcycle and cycle parking provision and replacement of the existing public staircase.
The approval creates a high quality building that forms a gateway into the western end of Broadmead and provides a link with the proposed new development at Finzels' Reach and Cabot Circus.
The design is a high quality, contemporary building with corner tower features that maximise the efficient use of the site, which responds to its prominent location.
It incorporates public art, which will be led by Richard Wood and will use hand painted ceramic or glass tiles on the entrance to the building and around the public staircase and will use co-ordinated coloured LED lighting.
The existing buildings within the application site currently provide 8035.5 sqm gross external area. The proposal retains and increases the site's retail (A1, A2, A3 and A4) floorspace and the commercial office (B1a) floorspace. By maximising the efficient use of the site, which has involved increasing the height of the building along Union Street and Fairfax Street and by utilising Pithay Court the development proposal is providing 15,482.9 sqm total gross external floorspace of which 2662.8 sqm provides gross external retail and storage floorspace and 12,820.1 sqm of gross external commercial office floorspace.
The re-development of the site will provide DDA compliant floorspace that meets the requirements of today's occupiers, retailers and visitors and is highly sustainable, achieving an ‘excellent' BREEAM pre assessment estimator rating.
Bristol City Council
- Penpole Inn Public House
- Land at Cloakham Lawns, Axminster
- 9 Pipe Lane and 42 Trenchard Street
- Paintworks Phase III
- Creech St Michael, Taunton
- Roegate House
- Stibbs Hill, St George
- High Street, Portishead
- Kingswood Trading Estate
- Siston Common
- The Jacobs Building
- Purimachos, Waterloo Street, Old Market
- Linden Heights
- Firearms Training Facility, Black Rock Quarry
- New Gospel Hall, Almonsbury
- Queens Road Building - Bristol University
- Lyddington Road, Southmead
- Military Firing Range, Rudloe
- Waterloo Road, Penylan
- The Grange, Lime Grove Avenue
- University of Bristol Masterplan
- St Anne's Convent
- Southmead Hospital PFI
- Residential Care Homes
- PFI Secondary Schools Project
- Departments of Biological Sciences and Mathematics
- Falkland Islands Defence Establishment Plan
- Redhouse Very Sheltered Housing Scheme
- Firearms training facility black rock quarry
- Urban Regeneration
- Conservation & Listed Buildings